United Earth Space Probe Agency Botany Bay DY-100 Sleeper Ship
Illustrator: Eric Kristiansen
1. These plans are for the familiarization purposes only and should not be confused with detailed working drawings of the Savannah Class DY-l00 Sleeper Ship.
2. In an emergency, the primary section and boom may separate from the engineering hull. The secondary section can not operate independently.
3. The auxiliary fusion reactors will provide life support in the case of separation. Normally they provide supplementary power.
4. Hydrogen is contained in the exterior fuel pods which are jettisoned when they are depleated.
5. Except when berthed, the crew is in suspended animation for the journey.
6. All decks are designed to use magnetic walking boots.
7. Environmental suits are fully adjustable and stored in various strategic locations throughout the vessel.
8. Located to the front of the vessel is the hangar deck for planetary exploration and colonization.
9. The Savannah class can accept multiple hull violations. All doors and bulkheads are airtight and capable of withstanding sudden drastic pressure changes. The containment doors seal of sections of the ship to prevent progressive decompression. They are kept open during normal operations, but will close when all stations have been secured or when the hull has been breached. Doors adjacent to evacuated sections can only be overridden by damage control parties. There are similar containment hatches which can seal off all gangways.
10. The craft is not capable of atmospheric entry and planetary landing.
11. Hybernation Chambers are located in the center section located behind the deuterium tanks for added protection from the extreme radiation of space.
12. The DY-l00 is designed to carry up to 16 fuel pods which are to be jettisoned during the trip. During the middle part of the joumey the craft should have 5 fuel pods which is enough fuel to slow the ship for planetary orbit.
Copyright 2016 Patuto Enterprises. All Rights Reserved. "Cygnus-X1.Net" and the "Star Trek LCARS Book / Episode /Blueprints Database" is in no way associated with nor endorsed by Paramount Pictures and/or Viacom; Pocket Books and/or Simon & Schuster; their parents or their affiliates. "Star Trek" et al and any/all related names, marks and/or insignias are trademarks of Paramount Pictures. No infringement on the rights of Paramount Pictures or the authors/illustrators or publishers of the books/episodes/blueprints included within this site is intended. Remarks made within the 'Forums' section of this site do not necessarily reflect the opinion of the webmaster.
This page has been viewed 10975 times since September 24th, 2012